Blake Shelton is suing InTouch Weekly over an article that claimed the singer was checking himself into rehab following his terrible divorce from Miranda Lambert. Blake is suing the company for 2 million dollars based on the fact that the article directly affected his career. He claims the story is completely fictional, and slanderous.
Blake came out with a list of reasons that the article was false.
• “I have never been to rehab”
• “I did not then nor have I ever hit rock bottom”
• “I do not drink excessively, binge drink or have a drinking problem”
• “I do not drink vodka before 11 a.m.”
• “I am never drunk, intoxicated or unable to perform my job on The Voice”
• “I do not slur my words or stumble when I drink”
• “I have never urinated on a mailbox”
• “My ex-wife Miranda Lambert did not catch me with a bunch of naked women in our Tennessee home”
All of these things were stated in the article as facts. They did not have any sources, and so Blake immediately took action against the despicable reporters. Blake deserves to be respected regarding his divorce. To throw false claims at him is ludicrous. Blake is a good man, but he is going through a rough time in his life. He is not an alcoholic, and he is mad that some magazine thinks they have the right to call him one.