Everyone has salt in their kitchens. Most people use it simply as a seasoning for food. But it has many other uses, and can be used as an extremely efficient cleaning product, believe it or not!
One video enumerates the various ways salt can be used to clean items in your house, one of which is simply pouring it down the drain, which can totally clean out your pipes. Who knew? Here are the 7 different tips offered by the video:
1. Dump some salt on a sticky iron. Then turn it on hot, and rub it back and forth. The salt will leave it sparkling clean!
2. If you drop an egg on the floor, pour salt on it. After ten minutes, you’ll be able to pick it up in one big piece in put it in the trash.
3. Grease Fire? Dump salt on it! Salt smothers the grease and puts out the fire, quick.
4. Salt water on a pan with burnt residue will take the gunk off easily.
5. Clean up a dirty sponge by dipping it in salt water. This will leave it fresh and clean.
6. Turpentine + salt = perfect bathtub cleaner.
7. If your drain is clogged, put ¼ cup of salt with ¼ cup of baking soda and shake. Pour it down. Follow it with ½ cup of vinegar and you’ve got a clean drain!