This Elderly Couple Answered The Door, What Happened Next Is Beyond Horrifying!


One of the things that I always pride myself on is my want to keep those around me safe and secure. My grandmother is in her 90s and I installed a security system in her house last year. She loves is because she knows how to get on the phone and see if anyone is at the door before she goes to answer it.

You never know when you answer the door who is going to be standing on the other side of it.

Five individuals believed to be involved in narcotic trafficking are also accused of kidnapping an associate’s grandparents from their northern New York home, ferrying them into Canada, and holding them hostage until police arrived. According to reports, the abduction was an attempt to recover just over 100 pounds of cocaine, U.S. officials recently announced.

Consequently, four men from Quebec and one from Plattsburgh, N.Y., face charges of kidnapping, forcible confinement and extortion for the abduction of James and Sandra Helm of Moira, a town of 3,000 residents about 15 miles south of the Canadian border, authorities said.

In the criminal complaint against Graigory Brown, 50, of Plattsburgh, an FBI agent describes a harrowing series of events aimed at recovering a drug cache that, it turns out, had already been seized by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Fox News reported.

Sandra Helm, 70, told FBI agents she and her husband had been taken over roads and water with pillowcases or hoods over their heads.

According to the complaint, “Brown and his co-conspirators put an elderly couple through a terrifying ordeal,” Acting U.S. Attorney Antoinette T. Bacon said in announcing Brown’s arrest Friday.

Officials said when James Helm, 76, did not show up for work as a town highway superintendent on Sept. 28, one of the couple’s sons went to their house to check on them, found the front door pried open and called state police.

When looking for the elderly couple, officers found that the bed was unmade, a container of dog treats was overturned in the master bedroom and the Helms were nowhere to be found, according to reports.

Officials said the son who reported the couple missing received a phone call on Monday morning from a man who said he and his associates had the Helms and wanted to exchange them for 50 kilograms, or roughly 110 pounds, of cocaine they believed someone whom court papers identified as “Individual-1” had stolen. As an alternative, they would accept $3.5 million, the cocaine’s value, authorities said.

He also received a series of additional calls and text messages as well as a photo of his mother sitting in a chair with her husband standing beside her, authorities said.

Read More