Although claimed to be “a powerhouse of nutrition”, soybeans are not what you have considered being, and these facts will convince you in that:
- 93% of soy is GMO. Moreover, it is the richest food in pesticide contamination among all others we consume.
- Soy contains phytates which obstruct the mineral absorption. According to scientists, diets rich in phytates lead to mineral deficiencies in the third world countries.
- Soy has the highest amounts of cell Goitrogens (thyroid suppressors). The isoflavones it contains have a detrimental effect on the thyroid function, and the thyroid issues in the U. S. are pandemic, particularly in women.
- Soy also contains Trypsin inhibitors, which impede the proper protein digestion.
- Soy is also the richest source of phytoestrogens, which are plant- based estrogens that mimic the body estrogen. The excess consumption of phytoestrogen is the major reason for infertility, low libido, breast cancer, uterine fibroids, and endometriosis. According to research, the exposure to phytoestrogen can seriously harm fertility and it increases the risk of damage to the reproductive systems in females as a fetus, infant, child, and adolescent.
- According to research, the compound genistein, which is also found in soy, destroys the ability of sperm to swim toward the egg, which would cause serious issues when trying to conceive.