The Way This Boy Died From A Snapchat Purchase Is Absolutely Tragic!

Uncategorized

The boy’s grieving mother now warning us after the tragic death of his son. The purchase he made from a popular social media app Snapchat resulted in his death.

The relationship and intimacy therapist Dr. Laura Berman confirmed that her teen son Samuel died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl-laced Xanax at their family home in Santa Monica, California.

Berman first shared the news of her son’s death on Instagram, writing how he overdosed in his room at the family’s home. Berman added that he got the drugs delivered to the house in an “experimentation gone bad.”

She wrote on Instagram, along with a photo of her and her son hugging:

“My beautiful boy is gone. 16 years old. Sheltering at home. My heart is completely shattered and I am not sure how to keep breathing. I post this now only so that not one more kid dies.”

Laura Berman
Dr. Laura Berman with her son Samuel (Photo Credit: Instagram)

In an interview made by NBC Nightly News, Berman said she went into his room, and “he was on the floor. Gone.”

Watch it here: NBC News/Youtube

Dr. Berman said, recalling her son’s final moments before he passed away on a Sunday:

“He asked his dad for a cheeseburger.”

“An hour later, I went into his room because we’d been talking about an internship for the summer that he wanted to do, and he was on the floor, gone.”

Snapchat then responded Monday after the tragic death of OWN TV host Dr. Laura Berman’s son:

“Our deepest sympathies are with the family and friends of Samuel Berman Chapman and we are heartbroken by his passing,” a company spokesperson said in a statement. “We are committed to working together with law enforcement in this case and in all instances where Snapchat is used for illegal purposes. We have zero tolerance for using Snapchat to buy or sell illegal drugs.”

The spokesperson said the company was “constantly improving” its capabilities to detect drug-related activity.

The outlet added that Berman said a drug dealer connected with her son on the app and he was given maybe Xanax laced with fentanyl, a synthetic opioid pain reliever.

Berman warned other parents to “watch your kids and WATCH SNAPCHAT especially.”

According to Page Six, Xanax, a prescription Benzodiazepine used to treat anxiety, was laced with Fentanyl, a synthetic opioid that is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine..

Watch it here: CBS Morning/Youtube

Sources: Taphaps, Page Six, NBC Nightly News